Monday, July 22, 2013

Meet the Staff Monday--Patti Sue

This is the first of many "Meet the Staff Monday" posts. We'll begin with the founder and director of Casa de Fe, Patti Sue Arnold.

Q: How long have you been in Ecuador/worked at Casa de Fe?

A: I came to Ecuador in July 2001. I accepted my first foster child (Cintia) in 2002. We moved to Shell in 2003, and Casa de Fe became a legally recognized charitable foundation in 2007.

Q: What did you do before you came here?

A: I retired from the U.S. Army in August 1998. I went to language school in Costa Rica in 2000.

Q: Why did you come here?

A: I believed I was following God's will to open a shop to repair wheelchairs in Quito. Little did I know how much bigger God's plan was for me here in Ecuador.

Q: What is your job/role at Casa de Fe?

A: Director. Some say 'visionary', but I am only trying to allow God to work through me.

Q: What is your favorite thing about Ecuador/your job?

A: My favorite thing is obviously the kids and seeing God work in each one.

Q: How can our readers pray for you?

A: Pray for continued financial provision for Casa de Fe. Pray that we would find favor among those that have authority over us. Pray that I and all of the Casa de Fe staff would reflect Christ in all that we say and do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment